Our first priority at Pal‘s - is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for your child and our staff is the key to ensuring such an environment. A thorough screening and selection process, background checks, competitive salaries and benefits and our family atmosphere all contribute to retaining a caring, talented, and reliable staff.
Pal’s staff is a team of people who work together to provide families a sense of caring and support as they trust their children to our care. Our team of lead teachers and caregivers provide for the children’s daily care and education while a six person management support team consisting of a lead center director, two assistant directors, business executive director and accounting specialist provide additional administrative and social support to families.
A focus on continuing education and training – In-service staff training occurs upon employment and semi-annually for all staff members to reinforce Center policies, to review New York Children Office of Family and Services regulations and to update our staff on the latest developments in the field of early childhood education and care. In addition, staff members are encouraged to attend outside workshops and courses in the field of early childhood education, care, and administration.
As a minimum each employee receives training in the following areas:
- Principles of childhood development
- Child day care program development
- Appropriate supervision of children
- Meeting the needs of children with physical or emotional challenges
- Behavior management and discipline
- Safety and security procedures
- Communications between staff and parents
- Nutrition and health needs of children
- Child abuse and maltreatment identification, prevention, regulations & statutes
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care
- Record maintenance and management